One major aspect of your company is the visual identity that you use to represent your brand. This visual representation helps your targeted audience immediately identify your brand, the value you provide, and what your business can do to enhance their existing client experience.
It’s crucial that your visual identity accurately conveys who you are and what you do. Here are some of the most important aspects you need to consider when creating your brand’s visual identity.
What will you need to look at?
Your visual representation is the first thing that your clients notice when they discover your brand. You’ll want to make sure that when your clients look at your brand, they encounter impactful visuals that illustrate who and what your business is about.
Before building (or re-building) your visual identity, take a look at the following:
- What are your brand colours?
- What is your logo? Is it easily recognizable?
- How will you integrate your visual identity into your marketing collateral? (e.g. brochures, flyers, business cards, etc.)
- How will your visual identity appear online via your website, social media presence, and email marketing?
- How will you create impactful visuals and collateral for the use of tradeshows or networking events?
The above points will help you get a better idea of what you will need to do to create a visually stunning brand that resonates with your audience.
Making your brand memorable
Without even thinking about it, we can all name McDonalds’ brand colour. Likewise, we’re familiar with all of the company’s visuals, their product design, packaging, and other marketing collateral. All you need is to see the logo to know exactly what the product is – even if you don’t eat fast food!
What McDonald’s excels at is creating a visual identity that is so memorable that it has survived decades without the need to completely revamp or re-brand. It’s known globally – recognizable beyond their targeted market. So, what can you do to make your brand’s visual identity that impactful?
Although reaching the global recognition that McDonald’s has takes an exceptional amount of time, McDonalds’ visuals serve as an excellent tool for shaping your own visual identity. An impressive visual identity will encompass:
- A simple, impactful logo (e.g. IKEA, Apple)
- Recognizable, eye-catching, and intentional colours (e.g. Coca-Cola, FedEx)
- A catchy tagline (e.g. Nike – “Just do it.”)
- Content (e.g. mission statements, language, etc.) that is created with a specific tone that accurately reflects your brand messaging
- A unique “edge” (e.g. creative collateral with unique messaging)
Every business out there is striving to be different from the other guys. As a business owner, your frontline of defense is to show your audience right off the bat that you’re the business they want to work with. An eye-catching visual identity doesn’t just make your business more recognizable – it opens communication and conversation between you and your client base, increasing your engagement and enhancing your value.
If you’re looking for a marketer with decades of expertise in creating and implementing impactful visual identities, contact us today!